Sunday, April 23, 2006



This is the strongest photo that I've taken this week because it is a harsh reminder of the effects of war. These ribbons and tags are hanging from the church fence at the corner of 29th and 5th Avenue Manhattan. I work across the street and after work I decided to look at a few of the names and ages. The tag reads "The names of more than 30,000 Iraqi men, women and children who have died in the war are kept in the hearts of those that loved them. We pray for their memory." Personally I don't feel sad for those who have died because I have faith God will take care of them. What hurts me is the fact that we as humans continue to destroy ourselves and instead of fixing it we hang tags and make memorials. If we made a conscious decision to stop fighting and reason, Americans and Iraqi alike....Memorials and pictures like this would be unnecessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home