Sunday, March 19, 2006


I find this picture so amazing. It's the subway from a different perspective. Often when I'm taking the Queens bound E or F train I stand at the front and peer forward. Just out of curiosity. The light in this picture definitely transforms the subject. Even though I was trying to take a picture of the traintracks or rather where they lead too, it would be impossible to even tell where I was if it wasn't for the platform lights. Somehow the image feels intense and nostalgic at the same time, also that the viewer is destruction-bound.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I have seen a lot of subway photos over the semesters but this is the first I have seen from this point of view. The strong perspective combined with the beaconing green light are an intriguing combination.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Edward Barrous said...

wow, this picture is rellly nice, i like the perspective of it, it gives me a different view of the subway, and what happens downthere i like the way the platforms look at both edges..once again nice photograph

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ricardo D. Martinez said...

Unique point of view you chose on this shot. It was a little difficult for me to tell whether or not you took two shots and combined them in photoshop, or actually going into the middle of the tacks to take it. The great thing about photography is that you can fool anyone with "one great" shot, and actually get people to think... "How was it done?" My hat foes off to you, great job.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home